Bulgaria Picks 'Sneakers' for Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film
Bulgaria's National Film Center has put forth " Ketsove" ("Sneakers") as the Bulgarian nomination for the US Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film this year.
The Bulgarian movie has received huge acclaim over the last year, including the prestigious Moscow International Film Festival's Cinema clubs prize and diploma.
"Sneakers", the debut feature of young directors Ivan Vladimirov and Valeri Yordanov, tells the story of six young people trying escape from the failures in their families, love lives and ambitions, fleeing the big city to settle at the quiet sea coast.
The film exudes a contagious energy that reflects the zeitgeist of a generation, according to critics.
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon
- » Thracian Treasures Arrive in Paris's Louvre for Three-Month Exhibition