Bulgaria Picks 'Sneakers' for Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film
Bulgaria's National Film Center has put forth " Ketsove" ("Sneakers") as the Bulgarian nomination for the US Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film this year.
The Bulgarian movie has received huge acclaim over the last year, including the prestigious Moscow International Film Festival's Cinema clubs prize and diploma.
"Sneakers", the debut feature of young directors Ivan Vladimirov and Valeri Yordanov, tells the story of six young people trying escape from the failures in their families, love lives and ambitions, fleeing the big city to settle at the quiet sea coast.
The film exudes a contagious energy that reflects the zeitgeist of a generation, according to critics.
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Festival Italiano in Bulgaria 2016: Music, Cinema, Cuisine and Much More
- » European Night of Museums to Be Celebrated in Bulgaria on May 21
- » Bulgaria to Make Its Second Appearance at Eurovision Final on Saturday
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova Proceeds to Eurovision Final
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova to Perform at Eurovision Semifinal on Thursday