Bulgaria Picks 'Sneakers' for Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film
Bulgaria's National Film Center has put forth " Ketsove" ("Sneakers") as the Bulgarian nomination for the US Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film this year.
The Bulgarian movie has received huge acclaim over the last year, including the prestigious Moscow International Film Festival's Cinema clubs prize and diploma.
"Sneakers", the debut feature of young directors Ivan Vladimirov and Valeri Yordanov, tells the story of six young people trying escape from the failures in their families, love lives and ambitions, fleeing the big city to settle at the quiet sea coast.
The film exudes a contagious energy that reflects the zeitgeist of a generation, according to critics.
- » UK's Top Hobbies
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Berlin Film Festival Kicked Off Today
- » Today Begins The 68th International Film Festival in Berlin
- » The ABBA Show is Coming for the First Time in Bulgaria
- » The National Art Gallery Received a Donation of Over BGN 1 million