Bulgaria's Lalova Nominated for European Athlete of 2012
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova is among the 15 famale athletes nominated for the 2012 European Athlete of the Year award.
After struggling with injuries for years, the tenacious Bulgarian runner won the gold medal at the European Athletics Championships in Helsinki in difficult weather conditions after running a season?s best of 11.6 in her heat.
In March, she became the only European sprinter to make it into the 60 m women's final at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Athletics in Istanbul.
She also qualified for the 100 m and 200 m semifinals at the London Olympics.
Only winners at either the London 2012 Olympic Games or the Helsinki 2012 European Athletics Championships have been selected for the European Athlete of the Year nominations.
The award winners will be decided by votes from the general public, media, European Athletics Member Federations and an expert panel, with the results from each group of voters counting for one quarter of the athlete's final score.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions
- » Liverpool to Face Roma in Champions League Semi-finals
- » Europa League Draw: Arsenal Face Atletico Madrid in Exciting Semi-final Clash