North Korea Threatens USA with 'Total War'
Continued US military presence on the Korean Peninsula creates a hostile environment and risks provoking war, the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said in a statement.
"Due to the more than 60 years of American military occupation of the South, the peninsula has been turned into a hotspot of tension, threatening peace and stability in the whole region," says the statement.
"If the USA intend to keep their military presence, in spite of the protests of the peoples from the region, then Washington must prepare for a total war with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea," adds the Foreign Ministry.
Representatives also stated that the two countries are on one side of the trench in the struggle against western imperialist powers.
In August North Korea released a press statement warning of terrorist plans by the US and South Korea to bomb and destroy unspecified statues of communist leaders in the North.
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria