North Korea Threatens USA with 'Total War'
Continued US military presence on the Korean Peninsula creates a hostile environment and risks provoking war, the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said in a statement.
"Due to the more than 60 years of American military occupation of the South, the peninsula has been turned into a hotspot of tension, threatening peace and stability in the whole region," says the statement.
"If the USA intend to keep their military presence, in spite of the protests of the peoples from the region, then Washington must prepare for a total war with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea," adds the Foreign Ministry.
Representatives also stated that the two countries are on one side of the trench in the struggle against western imperialist powers.
In August North Korea released a press statement warning of terrorist plans by the US and South Korea to bomb and destroy unspecified statues of communist leaders in the North.
- » Germany Vows to Defend Firms Doing Business in Turkey
- » China Blocked the Access to WhatsApp
- » Germany Warns Its Citizens Against Travel to Turkey
- » Federica Mogherini to Meet Top Officials in Greece
- » John McCain has been Diagnosed with Brain Cancer, says Spokesman
- » Terrorist Acts Around the World Continue to Decrease