Traffic Stalled at Main Bulgaria-Serbia Checkpoint
Intensive traffic has made passage through the Kalotina-Gradina checkpoint between Bulgaria and Serbia difficult, inform authorities Saturday.
Around noon Saturday the flow of vehicles in both direction has been especially intensive, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
This, together with slower processing of documents on the Serbian side makes for more waiting on the border, adds the police.
The situation is expected to continue on to Sunday, when a period of four non-working days in Bulgaria is at an end.
Travellers are advised to use the alternative checkpoints of Bregovo and Vrashka Chuka, when possible.
A similar situation is expected Sunday at main checkpoint to Greece, Kulata-Promachonas, said the Bulgarian police.
Greek and Bulgarian border authorities have already conducted a meeting to agree on measures for facilitating traffic.
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » Youth Unemployment in Bulgaria Drops to 17.7% in 2014
- » Bulgarian Air Force Pilatus PC-12 Safely Lands on Belly, No Injuries Reported