Traffic Stalled at Main Bulgaria-Serbia Checkpoint
Intensive traffic has made passage through the Kalotina-Gradina checkpoint between Bulgaria and Serbia difficult, inform authorities Saturday.
Around noon Saturday the flow of vehicles in both direction has been especially intensive, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
This, together with slower processing of documents on the Serbian side makes for more waiting on the border, adds the police.
The situation is expected to continue on to Sunday, when a period of four non-working days in Bulgaria is at an end.
Travellers are advised to use the alternative checkpoints of Bregovo and Vrashka Chuka, when possible.
A similar situation is expected Sunday at main checkpoint to Greece, Kulata-Promachonas, said the Bulgarian police.
Greek and Bulgarian border authorities have already conducted a meeting to agree on measures for facilitating traffic.
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Female Body Found on Beach in Bulgaria's Chernomorets
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals