Traffic Stalled at Main Bulgaria-Serbia Checkpoint
Intensive traffic has made passage through the Kalotina-Gradina checkpoint between Bulgaria and Serbia difficult, inform authorities Saturday.
Around noon Saturday the flow of vehicles in both direction has been especially intensive, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
This, together with slower processing of documents on the Serbian side makes for more waiting on the border, adds the police.
The situation is expected to continue on to Sunday, when a period of four non-working days in Bulgaria is at an end.
Travellers are advised to use the alternative checkpoints of Bregovo and Vrashka Chuka, when possible.
A similar situation is expected Sunday at main checkpoint to Greece, Kulata-Promachonas, said the Bulgarian police.
Greek and Bulgarian border authorities have already conducted a meeting to agree on measures for facilitating traffic.
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
- » Antoaneta Vasileva Questioned In Money Laundering Investigation
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Warns of New Refugee Wave