Traffic Stalled at Main Bulgaria-Serbia Checkpoint
Intensive traffic has made passage through the Kalotina-Gradina checkpoint between Bulgaria and Serbia difficult, inform authorities Saturday.
Around noon Saturday the flow of vehicles in both direction has been especially intensive, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
This, together with slower processing of documents on the Serbian side makes for more waiting on the border, adds the police.
The situation is expected to continue on to Sunday, when a period of four non-working days in Bulgaria is at an end.
Travellers are advised to use the alternative checkpoints of Bregovo and Vrashka Chuka, when possible.
A similar situation is expected Sunday at main checkpoint to Greece, Kulata-Promachonas, said the Bulgarian police.
Greek and Bulgarian border authorities have already conducted a meeting to agree on measures for facilitating traffic.
- » Earthquake Felt in Bulgaria's Chirpan
- » Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Jerusalem Holy Fire to Arrive in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv on Holy Saturday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 16 Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday