13 Illegal Emigrants Caught by Bulgarian Border Police
The Bulgarian border police have apprehended seven Iraqi citizens, four Palestinians, and two Turks on Thursday while they were trying to cross the border illegally.
The news was reported Friday by the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
The first group of 3 people from Iraq, 29, 26, and 22, has been stopped at the Turkish border at 2:45 pm. Four more Iraqis, 26, 27, 30 and 37, were detained at 11:39 pm.
The four Palestinians, 25, 27, 28 and 25, were apprehended at 5 pm in the same area, near the village of Matochina, in the proximity of the Turkish border.
Two Turks, 21 and 28, were stopped around 1 am Friday near the village of Kapitan Andreevo, also close to the Turkish border.
None of the 13 had any ID papers. They have all been sent to the temporary housing facility for foreign citizens in the southern town of Lyubimets. The Prosecutor's Office in the border town of Svilengrad has been notified.
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists
- » Units to Counteract Phone Scams Were Set Up in Several Cities in Bulgaria