Bulgarian Border Police Bust Illegal Syrians
Three illegal immigrants from Syria have been arrested close to the Bulgarian-Turkish border, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry announced Thursday.
The four met were spotted by a border patrol from the department in Svilengrad with a thermal camera late Wednesday night.
They were arrested near the village of Matochina; the police found that they are aged 21, 22, and 44.
In an unrelated incident, another Syrian citizen was detained by the Bulgarian police at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point on the border with Turkey after attempting to enter Bulgaria with a forged permit for residence in Germany.
- » Nearly 100 000 Leva are Stolen from an ATM in Pleven
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria