Bulgarian Border Police Bust Illegal Syrians
Three illegal immigrants from Syria have been arrested close to the Bulgarian-Turkish border, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry announced Thursday.
The four met were spotted by a border patrol from the department in Svilengrad with a thermal camera late Wednesday night.
They were arrested near the village of Matochina; the police found that they are aged 21, 22, and 44.
In an unrelated incident, another Syrian citizen was detained by the Bulgarian police at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point on the border with Turkey after attempting to enter Bulgaria with a forged permit for residence in Germany.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA