30 Ukrainian Kids Stranded on Bulgarian-Macedonian Border
A bus with 30 Ukrainian children has been detained at the Bulgarian-Macedonian border, with Bulgarian border authorities refusing to let it through.
The Ukrainian kids, who went to Macedonian for an international folklore festival, and are now on their way back to Ukraine, are stranded over incorrectly drafted visa papers, Ukrainian media reported.
The bus has stranded on the Gyueshevo border crossing point in Southwestern Bulgarian for two days, and the kids are running out of food, their group leaders have alarmed, while thanking the Macedonian authorities for providing them with water and free toilet access, the Ukrainian Kanal 5 TV announced.
The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry is reported to be working out the issue with Bulgaria.
The Ukrainian media remind a recent statement of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry in which it announced that Bulgaria will be supporting a visa-free travel to the EU for Ukrainian citizens, once Bulgaria manages to become admitted to the bordesless Schengen Area.
- » PM Borisov had a Meeting with the Russian Ambassador
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » Bulgaria Plots to Help Turkey Join the EU in Defiant Stand Against Brussels
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will Take Part in the Foreign Affairs Council Today
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting