30 Ukrainian Kids Stranded on Bulgarian-Macedonian Border
A bus with 30 Ukrainian children has been detained at the Bulgarian-Macedonian border, with Bulgarian border authorities refusing to let it through.
The Ukrainian kids, who went to Macedonian for an international folklore festival, and are now on their way back to Ukraine, are stranded over incorrectly drafted visa papers, Ukrainian media reported.
The bus has stranded on the Gyueshevo border crossing point in Southwestern Bulgarian for two days, and the kids are running out of food, their group leaders have alarmed, while thanking the Macedonian authorities for providing them with water and free toilet access, the Ukrainian Kanal 5 TV announced.
The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry is reported to be working out the issue with Bulgaria.
The Ukrainian media remind a recent statement of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry in which it announced that Bulgaria will be supporting a visa-free travel to the EU for Ukrainian citizens, once Bulgaria manages to become admitted to the bordesless Schengen Area.
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'