Bulgaria 'Toughest Cop' Took Teen Daughter to Lady Gaga Gig
Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, has been one of the most surprising spectators at the Lady Gaga concert in the capital Sofia.
Speaking in an interview for bTV on Friday, the Minister, who purports a very tough stance on almost everything, confirmed going to see the "Quinn of Provocations" in the company of his wife and the oldest of their three daughters.
Tsvetanov, however, noted he went more like a chaperone for the 17-year-old girl.
"Think of it as a parent's duty. My daughter and her friends wanted badly to see this concert and my wife and I decided they should not go without an adult. Parent control is key," the Minister told the host.
According to him, Lady Gaga had staged an incredible show, but at times he felt embarrassed over her language and dances.
"There were things and words I would never use, but the teens had a blast. I thought we would be the oldest among the audience, however we saw not only parents but grandparents as well. Lady Gaga's behavior is provoking, but the kids like her. We must accept their taste, views and desires," Tsvetanov explained.
He denied dancing during the performance, but added that his wife did.
When asked to compare his close family friend, Bulgarian pop singer Vesselin Marinov, to the US megastar, the Minister was firm such parallel is impossible.
"The two are not comparable. There are many differences, not only in age, but everyone sees and finds what they wish," he concluded.
Back in 2010, Marinov sang a song praising the police, prompting much ridicule because it sounded like a communist-era piece.
- » Theodor Ushev Shows for the First Time in Sofia an Immersive Art Installation and a Mixed Reality
- » "The Shape of Water" Took the Award of American Film Critics
- » Modigliani Art Exhibit Found to be Full of fakes
- » An Interactive Exhibition Will Welcome the Guests to the Opening Ceremony For the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » "Rolling Stones" have the Most Successful Tour of the Year
- » The Alternative and Experimental Iranian Singer SEVDALIZA Comes to Sofia