Code Yellow in Bulgaria over Summer Storms
Heavy rain storms with lightining and hail are expected Saturday on much of Bulgaria's territory.
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather was called for 7 regions, where the storms are expected to be harshest - Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte and Razgrad.
Rain is expected to fall during the day in all parts of Bulgaria, with precipitation expected to be more intensive around and after noon, says the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Precipitation is expected to be heaviest in central and eastern Bulgaria.
The weather will remain warm, albeit not hot, with highs in the range of 23-30 degrees Centigrade.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice