Bulgaria Endures Record Number of Temperature Records
Record summer heat was registered all over Bulgaria on Tuesday, the National Meteorology and Hydrology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has announced.
A total of 37 temperature records were recorded in Bulgaria on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, its data indicates.
As on Monday, the Danube city of Ruse was the warmest spot in Bulgaria but the maximum temperature there rose by 1 degree reaching 41.9 degrees Celsius.
The oldest August 7 records were broken in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas – where the 36.5 degrees Celsius registered Tuesday beat the 34.6 degrees registered on the same date back in 1912 – and in the Danube town of Lom where the 38.7 degrees registered this year on August 7 beat the 36.3 degrees registered on August 7, 1896.
All of Northern and much of Southern Bulgaria saw temperatures of over 38-39 degrees Celsius, while the Black Sea coast had temperatures over the mid 30s.
The Bulgarian capital Sofia also saw a temperature record with 35.7 degrees Celsius beating the previous record of 33.9 degrees set on August 7, 2000.
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon
- » Weak Earthquake Registered Nearby Devin