Bulgarian-made Satellite Launched for 1st Time in 20 Y
For the first time in more than 20 years an entirely Bulgarian-made satellite will be launched into orbit in 2013.
The news was announced by the coordinator of the independent international team from the Bulgarian Orbital Research and Satellites, BOREAS, Zdravko Dimitrov.
The satellite will be assembled in Bulgaria by the team. The Haas 2C rocket carrier is still being under construction by the Romanian Association for Space and Aeronautics (ARCA).
The team includes college students from Bulgaria, Canada and the United Arab Emirates.
The satellite named CubeMessenger will be made under the standardized miniature satellites technology and will weight just 1 kg.
Its mission will be to test components for larger vessels and to apply in practice the CubeSat standard.
The team plans to use the technology for a more ambitious project – the creation of a larger satellite to be sent to the orbit of the Moon.
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Southern Bulgarian Hisarya Municipality
- » Mountain Climber Falls to Death in Bulgaria's Vratsata Gorge
- » Passenger Train Hits Car in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind Issued in 4 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 106 Years of Independence
- » Greek Ferry with Bulgarians On Board Sinks near Corfu