Blazing Summer Breaks 3 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
Another hot summer day Saturday has seen three temperature records in Bulgaria fall, with temperatures at some locations nearing 40 degrees Centigrade.
The hottest point in Bulgaria Saturday was the city of Ruse with 38.9 C, but the temperature record there was not breached, reports the Bulgarian national weather service.
The three locations with temperature records were the town of Lom in northern Bulgaria (38.3 C), second-largest city Plovdiv (36.5 C), and cape Emine on the Black Sea (32.6 C), said the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology.
The national weather service has called "code yellow" for potentially dangerous weather Sunday over continuing heat for all regions of Bulgaria, except Sofia City and the regions of Sofia, Pernik and Smolyan.
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran