Blazing Summer Breaks 3 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
Another hot summer day Saturday has seen three temperature records in Bulgaria fall, with temperatures at some locations nearing 40 degrees Centigrade.
The hottest point in Bulgaria Saturday was the city of Ruse with 38.9 C, but the temperature record there was not breached, reports the Bulgarian national weather service.
The three locations with temperature records were the town of Lom in northern Bulgaria (38.3 C), second-largest city Plovdiv (36.5 C), and cape Emine on the Black Sea (32.6 C), said the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology.
The national weather service has called "code yellow" for potentially dangerous weather Sunday over continuing heat for all regions of Bulgaria, except Sofia City and the regions of Sofia, Pernik and Smolyan.
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption
- » Hurricane Maria Makes Landfall in Puerto Rico