Bulgaria to Grant 6-Year Concession for Kavarna Iztok Gas Field
The Bulgarian government will grant British Melrose Resources a 6-year concession for natural gas extraction at the Kavarna Iztok field, according to the Council Of Ministers' press office.
The decision is to be taken at a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.
The gas field is located in Bulgaria's Black Sea continental shelf and the exclusive economic zone and has a total area of 3.97 square kilometers.
According to preliminary estimates, the move is expected to bring concession fee revenues of around USD 1.1 M per year.
The Kavarna Iztok field will become the third field developed by Melrose Resources in Bulgarian Black Sea waters.
The company is already extracting natural gas from the Kaliakra and Kavarna fields, the production covering around 15% of the country's natural gas consumption.
- » Workers at Burgas-Based Mine Stage Protest over Unpaid Salaries
- » Eurocoal: Bulgaria's Coal Production Decreases over Past Few Years
- » Gazprom Injects EUR 100 M into South Stream Transport B.V.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: There Is No Agreement On South Stream Transit Fees
- » Bulgaria Exports 1/5 of its Electricity Production
- » Gazprom Also Cuts Gas Deliveries to Slovakia