Bulgaria to Grant 6-Year Concession for Kavarna Iztok Gas Field
The Bulgarian government will grant British Melrose Resources a 6-year concession for natural gas extraction at the Kavarna Iztok field, according to the Council Of Ministers' press office.
The decision is to be taken at a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.
The gas field is located in Bulgaria's Black Sea continental shelf and the exclusive economic zone and has a total area of 3.97 square kilometers.
According to preliminary estimates, the move is expected to bring concession fee revenues of around USD 1.1 M per year.
The Kavarna Iztok field will become the third field developed by Melrose Resources in Bulgarian Black Sea waters.
The company is already extracting natural gas from the Kaliakra and Kavarna fields, the production covering around 15% of the country's natural gas consumption.
- » Bulgargaz Mulls Demanding Increase in Gas Price Next Year
- » Bulgaria Ex-Energy Min 'Demoted' in Parliament over Pending Allegations
- » Bulgaria, Russia Sign Debt Settlement Deal on Belene Nuclear Project
- » Service Life of Unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Extended Until 2047
- » Bulgaria's Energy Min Defends Predecessor in Belene Nuclear Case
- » Fuel Prices in Bulgaria Not To Increase This Winter