Stoichkov Goes to Olympic Village to Encourage Bulgarian Athletes
Legendary Bulgarian footballer Hristo Stoichkov has visited the Bulgarian athletes at the London 2012 Olympics village in order to encourage them, the Bulgarian Olympic Committee (BOC) announced.
Stoichkov, who is the head coach of Bulgarian FC Litex Lovech, came to the Olympic village on Monday together with BOC head Stefka Kostadinova, and the chief of the Bulgarian Swimming Federation Tanya Bogomilova.
Remembering the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, Stoichkov, who at the time was the star striker of Barcelona FC, urged great sportsmanship and enthusiasm in any single match, start, or event, the BOC said.
Monday night Stoichkov will be present at the premiere of a documentary about his sporting career in London. The documentary is authored by Borislav Kolev.
- » Bulgarian Paralympians Win 3 Medals in London
- » Bulgaria Grabs 3rd Paralympics Medal
- » Bulgaria Grabs First Paralympics 2012 Medal
- » Michael Phelps Might be Deprived of London 2012 Medals
- » London 2012 Organizers Auction Off Bulgaria's Olympic Flag
- » BOC Head Judges Bulgarian Olympic Performance 'Very Weak'