Bulgaria President: EC Report Recommendations Are Feasible
The recommendations stated in the last Co-operation and Verification Mechanism report by the European Commission will be implemented, stated Buglaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
The comprehensive report, issued Wednesday last week, was on the agenda of Thursday's sitting of Bulgaria's Consultative Council on National Security.
"Bulgaria's institution united around the position that European Commission's recommendations are feasible and will be fulfilled," stated President Plevneliev after the sitting.
He added that institutions and political parties are set to be hard at work for adopting consensus measures to be implemented by the end of 2013, when the next report on the montoring for corruption and organized crime is due.
"The report was objective both on the successes in the fight against corruption and organized crime and on the still existing problems in the justice system and home affairs. The problems are clearly stated, the solutions are up to us, not Brussels. The goal is justice and security for all Bulgarians," said the President during the sitting.
In particular, Plevneliev stressed that all institutions involved have prepared a transparent procedure for the election of new members to Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Committee.
Thursday's sitting of the National Security Council also included a lengthy discussion of the recent terrorist bombing in Burgas that claimed the lives of 7, including a needed update of Bulgaria's counter-terrorist framework.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 3 M to Enhance Protection of Borders with Turkey, Greece
- » Buildings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna to Light up in EU Flag Colours on Europe Day
- » Bulgaria Had Second Largest Drop in Unemployment in EU in March
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Not Closing In on Rest of EU'
- » CoE Warns of ‘Dwindling Trust’ in Institutions
- » Bulgaria's Employment Rate Increased by 2 % Y/Y in 2015 - Eurostat