New Heat Wave Breaks 3 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
Bulgaria has fallen under a new hot spell, just after hellish summer heat subsided in the beginning of the week.
Three temperature records were broken by 3 pm Saturday, reports the National Institute for Hydrology and Meteorology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Those were all in the north and north-west: Lovech, where thermometers showed 40.5 degrees Celsius, Montana - 39.4 C and Knezha - 38.5 C.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains