New Heat Wave Breaks 3 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
Bulgaria has fallen under a new hot spell, just after hellish summer heat subsided in the beginning of the week.
Three temperature records were broken by 3 pm Saturday, reports the National Institute for Hydrology and Meteorology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Those were all in the north and north-west: Lovech, where thermometers showed 40.5 degrees Celsius, Montana - 39.4 C and Knezha - 38.5 C.
- » Maximum Temperatures in Bulgaria Reaching 37° C
- » Pazardzhik Landfill Poses Danger of Road Accidents
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Calls for Imposing Stricter Fines on Oil Spills
- » Southern Bulgaria Submerged in Floods Caused by Torrential Rains
- » Pope's Climate Change Encyclical Leaves Politicians, Businesses Divided
- » Thunderstorms, Possible Hails Expected Across Bulgaria