New Heat Wave Breaks 3 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
Bulgaria has fallen under a new hot spell, just after hellish summer heat subsided in the beginning of the week.
Three temperature records were broken by 3 pm Saturday, reports the National Institute for Hydrology and Meteorology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Those were all in the north and north-west: Lovech, where thermometers showed 40.5 degrees Celsius, Montana - 39.4 C and Knezha - 38.5 C.
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister: Shale Gas Moratorium Will Remain in Place