Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Anti-Israel Terror Attack
The Bulgarian Parliament adopted a declaration Thursday sharply condemning the terror attack against a group of Israeli tourists that left 7 people dead Wednesday.
"Bulgaria is shocked. The Parliament denounces taking innocent human lives and resolutely condemns the terrorist act," reads the declaration.
Parliament further urges all relevant authorities to take all measures for catching and bringing to justice those who stand behind the attack.
The declaration was adopted unanimously in the plenary hall Thursday at a sitting that began with one minute of silence in honor of the victims.
Nationalist party Ataka had urged for a text denouncing "Islamist terrorism" to be included in the statement, which proposal however did not pass.
- » Ex US Ambassador to Bulgaria Quits as OSCE Envoy, Moves to Russian Law Firm
- » Bulgaria, 15 Other Countries To Seek New Deal on Arms Control With Russia
- » Bulgaria's President Starts Moldova Visit Tuesday
- » US Embassy 'Looks Forward to Working with Rumen Radev'
- » Putin Congratulates Bulgaria's Rumen Radev on Presidential Election Win
- » Bulgaria's PM Congratulates Donald Trump on Election Victory