Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Anti-Israel Terror Attack
The Bulgarian Parliament adopted a declaration Thursday sharply condemning the terror attack against a group of Israeli tourists that left 7 people dead Wednesday.
"Bulgaria is shocked. The Parliament denounces taking innocent human lives and resolutely condemns the terrorist act," reads the declaration.
Parliament further urges all relevant authorities to take all measures for catching and bringing to justice those who stand behind the attack.
The declaration was adopted unanimously in the plenary hall Thursday at a sitting that began with one minute of silence in honor of the victims.
Nationalist party Ataka had urged for a text denouncing "Islamist terrorism" to be included in the statement, which proposal however did not pass.
- » Polish Sejm Delegation Visits Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Future Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey to Seek New Basis of Bilateral Relations
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea to Send EU Special Representative to Macedonia – Minister
- » Cabinet Proposes Former Foreign Minister as New Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey
- » Bulgaria President to Take Over SE European Cooperation Process
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Arrives in Bulgaria for Official Visit