Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Anti-Israel Terror Attack
The Bulgarian Parliament adopted a declaration Thursday sharply condemning the terror attack against a group of Israeli tourists that left 7 people dead Wednesday.
"Bulgaria is shocked. The Parliament denounces taking innocent human lives and resolutely condemns the terrorist act," reads the declaration.
Parliament further urges all relevant authorities to take all measures for catching and bringing to justice those who stand behind the attack.
The declaration was adopted unanimously in the plenary hall Thursday at a sitting that began with one minute of silence in honor of the victims.
Nationalist party Ataka had urged for a text denouncing "Islamist terrorism" to be included in the statement, which proposal however did not pass.
- » Bulgarian President, FM Condemn Terrorist Attacks in France, Tunisia, Kuwait
- » Bulgaria Could Rely on British Support for Consolidating Regional Energy Security
- » Bulgaria PM to Meet David Cameron in Brussels
- » Bulgaria’s President Reaffirms Commitment to EU Mission in Georgia
- » Bulgaria’s President Starts Official Visit to Georgia
- » This Will Be a Record Year in EU Fund Absorption, Bulgarian President Plevneliev says