Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Anti-Israel Terror Attack
The Bulgarian Parliament adopted a declaration Thursday sharply condemning the terror attack against a group of Israeli tourists that left 7 people dead Wednesday.
"Bulgaria is shocked. The Parliament denounces taking innocent human lives and resolutely condemns the terrorist act," reads the declaration.
Parliament further urges all relevant authorities to take all measures for catching and bringing to justice those who stand behind the attack.
The declaration was adopted unanimously in the plenary hall Thursday at a sitting that began with one minute of silence in honor of the victims.
Nationalist party Ataka had urged for a text denouncing "Islamist terrorism" to be included in the statement, which proposal however did not pass.
- » Roderick Moore to Serve as Interim US Chargе d’Affaires in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Future Ambassador to Turkey to Place Emphasis on Border Security
- » Bulgaria Expresses Solidarity with Turkey – FM
- » EU Solidarity Key to Tackling Common Challenges, Mogherini Says on Bulgaria Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry to Teach US Visa Applicants How to Avoid Formal Errors
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov to Pay One-Day Working Visit to Bavaria