Bulgarian Parliament Condemns Anti-Israel Terror Attack
The Bulgarian Parliament adopted a declaration Thursday sharply condemning the terror attack against a group of Israeli tourists that left 7 people dead Wednesday.
"Bulgaria is shocked. The Parliament denounces taking innocent human lives and resolutely condemns the terrorist act," reads the declaration.
Parliament further urges all relevant authorities to take all measures for catching and bringing to justice those who stand behind the attack.
The declaration was adopted unanimously in the plenary hall Thursday at a sitting that began with one minute of silence in honor of the victims.
Nationalist party Ataka had urged for a text denouncing "Islamist terrorism" to be included in the statement, which proposal however did not pass.
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'
- » Bulgaria’s Head of State Held Talks with the President of Azerbaijan
- » From January 1, 2018, there is going to be a Direct Flight Connection between Sofia and Baku