Manowar's DeMaio Endorses Adopting Sofia Stray Dogs
Manowar bass player and songwriter Joey DeMaio has endorsed the campaign for the adoption of stray dogs launched in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
On Friday, DeMaio and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova visited the Seslavtsi dog shelter in the capital.
"There are stray dogs all over the world, but it is important that you have been taking measures to tackle the problem," DeMaio told Fandakova, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
Fandakova has been widely criticized over what is perceived as her incompetence in dealing with Sofia's stray dogs population.
There are over 10 000 stray dogs in the city.
The Mayor claimed that her municipality's campaign aims at "the real adoption of animals" instead of letting them back on the streets.
Two elderly men have been killed by aggressive stray dogs in the Bulgarian capital since the beginning of 2012.
- » Belgium Sets Minimum Age For Joining Social Media at 13 Years
- » Greek Аuthorities Seized Over 400 Tons of Harmful Food Imported From Turkey Today
- » Safet Khalid from the Village of Zaritsa Sheltered 5 Storks
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Awards For ''Worthy Bulgarians''
Another Fandykova's stupid PR move GERB stile. She likely does not realize that adopting and/or impounding strays cannot reduce the overbreeding in the local pet population. So what about confining the latchkey dogs to roam and give birth, compulsory wearing dog collars with ID tags, and appointing dog wardens?