Bulgarian Far-Rights Rise Against Shocking Price Hikes
Bulgarian far-right parties Ataka (Attack) and VMRO are to stage a protest against the recent steep price hikes of electricity, central heating and water in front of the Council of Ministers building in downtown Sofia.
The protest has been called under the motto "Prices are growing, the government is falling!"
Ataka has already demanded the resignation of Angel Semerdzhiev, Chair of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation.
Semerdzhiev has claimed that the electricity price hike can be attributed mainly to the increased production of renewable energy.
On July 1, electricity prices in Bulgaria went up by an average 13%, gas prices increased by 4.88% and water tariffs in Sofia went up by 5%.
Business organizations in Bulgaria have vowed to appeal the new power tariffs at the country's Supreme Administrative Court.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » BGN 256 Million will be Invested in the Airports of Burgas and Varna in the Next 9 Years
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo
- » NSI: Monthly Inflation in November at 0.4%
- » Sales of New Cars in Bulgaria Increased by 55%