Bulgarian Far-Rights Rise Against Shocking Price Hikes
Bulgarian far-right parties Ataka (Attack) and VMRO are to stage a protest against the recent steep price hikes of electricity, central heating and water in front of the Council of Ministers building in downtown Sofia.
The protest has been called under the motto "Prices are growing, the government is falling!"
Ataka has already demanded the resignation of Angel Semerdzhiev, Chair of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation.
Semerdzhiev has claimed that the electricity price hike can be attributed mainly to the increased production of renewable energy.
On July 1, electricity prices in Bulgaria went up by an average 13%, gas prices increased by 4.88% and water tariffs in Sofia went up by 5%.
Business organizations in Bulgaria have vowed to appeal the new power tariffs at the country's Supreme Administrative Court.
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » Telenor Officially Sold its Business to Czech Billionaire
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
- » The American University in Bulgaria Organizes a Conference on Entrepreneurship
- » What is the Future of Real Estate in Sofia?