2nd Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge to Be Ready by End 2012
The second bridge over the Danube linking Romania and Bulgaria at Calafat and Vidin will be ready by the end of the year, announced Bulgarian Minister of Transport Ivaylo Moskovski.
Saturday Moskovski accompanied Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and EU Regional Policy Commissioner Johannes Hahn on an inspection of the project for the so-called Danube Bridge 2.
"82% of the bridge itself is completed at the present moment, 90% of funds have been used, 92% of outlying infrastructure has also been completed," summarized the Bulgarian Transportation Minister.
"Only poor meteorological conditions can delay the bridge's launch beyond 2012," said Moskovski.
According to him, Danube Bridge 2 is estimated to service traffic totalling 100,000 vehicles during its first year, after which the quantities are expected to increase.
- » Gazprom Directors' Board to Discuss Issues of South Stream Bulgaria
- » Economy Ministry Working to Ensure Varna TPP Will Remain Open
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Car Tolls at Danube Bridge 2 May Drop by 50%
- » Clocks Set To Astronomical Time On Sunday