Italy's Balotelli: Goals against Germany are for My Mum
Italy's Mario Balotelli dedicated his match-winning performance in Euro 2012 semi-final against Germany to his adoptive mother.
At the final whistle, the Italy striker embraced Silvia Balotelli, who brought him up from the age of two after he was born in Italy to Ghanaian immigrants.
"After the game, when I went to my mum I said 'these goals are for you'," he said. "I waited for this moment for so long and I wanted to make my mum happy.Tonight was the most beautiful of my life – but I hope that this Sunday is even better."
Balotelli's double was enough to send Italy to the finals and clash with the holders Spain in Kiev.
"With Spain we are the two best teams in the tournament," said Balotelli. "Can we win? I'll tell you on Sunday."
Balotelli struck three goals during the tournament and he is now favourite to win the coveted Golden Boot prize.
- » Jubilant Spain Parties Overnight after Euro 2012 Win
- » Spain Crush Italy, Win Euro 2012 Title
- » Platini: Euro 2020 Should be Hosted by Entire Europe
- » Loew: Germany Played with Real Heart, Our Time Will Come
- » Italy Kick Germany Out of Euro 2012 in 2nd Semi-Final
- » Spain Beat Portugal in Euro 2012 Semi-Final after Penalty Kicks