Cherie Blair on Private Visit to Bulgaria
Cherie Blair, wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, has arrived on a visit to Bulgaria at the invitation of former Bulgarian President Petar Stoyanov and his wife, Antonina Stoyanova.
Charie Blair, Queen's Council and founding member of top London human rights shop Matrix Chambers, is expected to spend one day in Bulgaria.
Her acquaintance with Petar Stoyanov and Antonina Stoyanova dates back to the time when her husband was British Prime Minister and Stoyanov was Bulgaria's President.
Stoyanov subsequently became a board member at the Africa Justice Foundation (AJF) charity founded by Cherie Blair.
She was one of the special guests at the inauguration ceremony of the Center for Global Dialogue and Cooperation (CGDC) NGO founded by Stoyanov in May 2011 in Vienna.
Cherie Blair explained at the ceremony that she had set up the AJF charity once she was no longer first lady and did not have to be extra cautious about every word and every action of hers.
The AJF works with African governments and the international business community to support the development of robust justice systems in Africa.
Cherry Blair and Petar Stoyanov are members of the World Justice Project, whose Rule of Law Index is considered as one of the most authoritative references on rule of law-related issues.
- » Plevneliev, Djukanovic Discuss Projects to Increase Energy, Transport Connections
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister: Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO
- » Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO, Bulgarian PM Says
- » Bulgaria, Montenegro to Boost Cooperation in Culture
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister, Turkey’s President to Arrange Meeting to Discuss Energy Projects
- » Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova Holds Meeting with Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo
Maybe "Our Sherry" can be arrested for aiding and abetting War Crimes and Human Rights abuses? ;)
I'm grateful for the information that she's a "founding member of top London human rights shop" - I always suspected that her wonderful hubby was selling SOMETHING to Uncle Sam....