Spain Beat Portugal in Euro 2012 Semi-Final after Penalty Kicks
Spain have beaten Portugal in the first semi-final of Euro 2012 after penalty kicks.
The penalty shoot-out started dramatically, as goalkeepers Rui Patricio and Iker Casillas denied Xabi Alonso and Moutinho respectively in the first round.
Andres Iniesta put Spain in front. Defender Pepe then equalized, while Gerard Pique found the bottom left-hand corner of the net to make it 2-1. Nani responded by firing his spot-kick high into the roof of the net to equalize.
Nani dinked the ball over the Portuguese keeper with a Pirlo-like shot before Bruno Alves hit the bar.
Cesc Fabregas sealed Spain's victory, sending the team to a second consecutive European chamionship final.
- » Jubilant Spain Parties Overnight after Euro 2012 Win
- » Spain Crush Italy, Win Euro 2012 Title
- » Platini: Euro 2020 Should be Hosted by Entire Europe
- » Italy's Balotelli: Goals against Germany are for My Mum
- » Loew: Germany Played with Real Heart, Our Time Will Come
- » Italy Kick Germany Out of Euro 2012 in 2nd Semi-Final