Bulgaria's FinMin to Join World Bank Knowledge Council
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov has been invited to join the World Bank Knowledge Advisory Council, the press service of the Finance Ministry announced.
The World Bank Knowledge Advisory Council is supposed to advise the President and the Managing Directors of the financial institutions on matters related to the knowledge agenda.
This is said to include strategic advice on the roles the Bank plays as producer, connector and customizer of knowledge, the value the Bank's knowledge work has to its clients, the quality and the relevance of the Bank's knowledge work and its efforts to measure the impacts of, and the results from the Bank's knowledge activities.
The Bulgarian Finance Ministry points out that the people invited to join the WB Knowledge Advisory Council include the recipient of the 2001 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences - the American Michael Spence, the German Development Institute Director Dirk Messner, the former World Bank Chief Economist and Senior Vice President Justin Yifu Lin, as well as experts and professors from the USA, the Republic of Korea, Egypt, Japan and China.
- » Global Times: Thousands of Greek Businesses Flee to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks 22nd in World Wine Production
- » Railway Forum 2016 Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine