Turkey Denies Territorial Claims against Bulgaria
Turkey has never had territorial claims against Bulgaria or any of its other neighboring countries, Turkish Ambassador to Bulgaria Ismail Aramaz has declared.
On Friday, Aramaz met with Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov. The meeting was provoked by a Turkish school map that wrongly listed Bulgarian regions as Turkish territory.
The Turkish Ambassador reiterated that the educational CDs containing the map in question were immediately pulled out once the mistake was revealed.
The news that in addition to Bulgaria, the materials claim entire Armenia, some regions of Iraq, the Greek parts of Cyprus, and some regions in Georgia as Turkish territory, made headlines on Wednesday.
Aramaz and Mladenov also discussed the situation in the Middle East, as well as other topics.
- » The Macedonian Church Backed the Friendship Agreement between Sofia and Skopje
- » Uzbekistan Opens Market for Bulgarian Foods
- » South Korea will Send Humanitarian Aid to North Korea
- » The Swiss Municipality of Lausanne Helps the Bulgarian City of Pernik
- » Boyko Borisov Welcomed Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydlo
- » Boyko Borisov Met with the Russian Prosecutor General