School Map Lists Bulgarian Territory as Part of Turkey
Some Bulgarian regions have been listed as being part of Turkey in school text and multimedia distributed to students in Istanbul.
The news was reported Wednesday by the Focus news agency and Standard daily.
In addition to Bulgaria, the materials claim entire Armenia, some regions of Iraq, the Greek parts of Cyprus, and some regions in Georgia as Turkish territory.
According to the authors of the school text, Batumi is a historical Turkish town, now located in Georgia, the news agency "Kavkzakiy Uzel" reports, informing that the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Georgia is going to check the matter. The Turkish side already announced that the entire deal has been a mistake.
The Turkish newspaper "Milliyet" writes that the current map of Turkey has been included in a compact disk as part of the national education program of the Education Ministry which includes distributing free materials to children and special lessons.
- » George Soros Donated USD 18 Billion to Open Society Foundations
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Clashes Between Police and Protesters Against Corruption in Kiev
- » Today is the European Day Against Human Trafficking