Electricity Prices in Bulgaria to Increase by up to 9% from July
Electricity prices for household consumers are to increase by 3.8-9% from July 1, surcharges excluded, according to the preliminary estimates of Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) published on Monday.
Following recent media statements of DKEVR Chair Angel Semerdzhiev, power rates will increase by around 10%, news portal dnevnik.bg reminds.
The renewable energy surcharge is expected to surge by 132.5% from July.
Bulgaria's energy watchdog is expected to propose that consumers pay BGN 0.00294 per kWh for "irrecoverable costs."
The price of electricity produced by heating utilities is expected to add 37.4% to bills.
Consumers using the services of power distributor E.ON will experience the highest price increase, with bills growing by 8.87-9%.
Power distributor CEZ, which services Sofia and Western Bulgaria, is expected to increase day tariffs by 6.77%.
Power distributor EVN is to add 4.56% to its day tariff and to reduce the night tariff by 1.26%.
Heating rates are expected to increase only in Sofia by 0.5%.
Prices of central heating in Plovdiv are to drop by 29.6%, while Burgas should see a 20.65% decrease.
Veliko Tarnovo, which expects to see heating tariffs fall by 12.48%, will continue to be the district with the most expensive central heating.
The calculations of Bulgaria's energy watchdog were made on the basis of the existing prices of natural gas, without taking into account the 11% discount from April agreed between Bulgaria and Russia.
Energy prices are to be discussed at an open session of DKEVR on June 1.
- » Kuwaiti Company Interested in Belene NPP – Bulgaria Energy Minister
- » Energy Efficiency Projects Have Boosted Bulgarian Economy - Minister
- » Bulgaria PM Borisov: Energy Bills Issue 'Is Conspiracy against Govt'
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Foresees Power Price Hike in 2015
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Hold Hearing of Energy Distributors
- » Ex Energy Minister Seeks 10-Fold Increase in Minimum Fine for Power Distributors