US Companies Eager to Invest in Bulgaria - Envoy
US companies and Bulgarian entrepreneurs living in the US have shown considerable interest in investing in Bulgaria, according to James Warlick, American Ambassador to the Balkan country.
Warlick and Bulgaria's Ambassador to the US, Elena Poptodorova, organized the second diplomatic tour across the US in an effort to attract American investors to Bulgaria. Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev also took part in the tour.
Bulgaria's business attracted more interest than it did in 2011, the US Ambassador to the country reckons.
He revealed that meetings took place between Bulgarian representatives and more than a dozen US companies, including some really large ones.
Plevneliev will return to Bulgaria with many new ideas regarding the Sofia hi-tech park project, Warlick has said, according to Mediapool.
Plevneliev met with representatives of some of the largest IT companies, including Microsoft, Sisco, HP and Google.
Bulgaria's first hi-tech park, Sofia Tech Park, is expected to be functional in 2015.
- » Bulgarian FM Has No Information on Turkey Banning Entry of DPS Founder, MP
- » DPS's Dogan, Peevski 'Barred from Entering Turkey'
- » Bulgaria to Use 'All Its Resources' to Support Bokova's UN Candidacy
- » Bulgaria Nominates UNESCO's Bokova as UN Top Job Candidate
- » Bulgaria to Give EUR 0.4 M in Support of Syria in 2016
- » Sofia to Host Council of Europe Event on Tuesday