5.9 Earthquake Captured on Sofia Security Camera
A security camera in Bulgaria's capital Sofia has captured the strongest earthquake that has shaken the city since 1858.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am Tuesday morning. Its epicenter was about 6 km from the city of Pernik. The quake struck at a depth of approximately 9.4 kilometers.
The security camera video can be seen HERE.
- » Sunny Weather Forecast for Bulgaria on Saturday
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey