5.9 Earthquake Captured on Sofia Security Camera
A security camera in Bulgaria's capital Sofia has captured the strongest earthquake that has shaken the city since 1858.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am Tuesday morning. Its epicenter was about 6 km from the city of Pernik. The quake struck at a depth of approximately 9.4 kilometers.
The security camera video can be seen HERE.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice