5.9 Earthquake Captured on Sofia Security Camera
A security camera in Bulgaria's capital Sofia has captured the strongest earthquake that has shaken the city since 1858.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am Tuesday morning. Its epicenter was about 6 km from the city of Pernik. The quake struck at a depth of approximately 9.4 kilometers.
The security camera video can be seen HERE.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams