5.9 Earthquake Captured on Sofia Security Camera
A security camera in Bulgaria's capital Sofia has captured the strongest earthquake that has shaken the city since 1858.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am Tuesday morning. Its epicenter was about 6 km from the city of Pernik. The quake struck at a depth of approximately 9.4 kilometers.
The security camera video can be seen HERE.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
- » Sofia Picks Griffon Vulture as Its Ugly Animal Mascot
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria