Galatasaray Close to Acquiring Bulgaria's Berbatov
The sports manager of the Turkish football team Galatasaray, Bulent Tulun, has revealed that the club's negotiations with Bulgarian star striker, Dimitar Berbatov, have reached an advanced stage.
The news was reported Monday by the Bulgarian Standard daily, citing Turkish press.
"We are leading negotiations with players who will contribute very much to raising the level of our club. Berbatov is one of them. I would not want to tell now the names of the players we are close to signing contracts with. Negotiations with Berbatov are in an advanced stage," Tulun is quoted saying.
Again according to Turkish press, Berbatov's agent, Emil Danev, already held two meetings with the President of the Galatasaray club, Unal Aysal.
It seems 100% certain that the Bulgarian striker is going to leave Manchester United in the summer, after a disappointing season when he was forced to spent most games on the reserves bench.
Galatasaray have expressed strong interest in having Berbatov on several occasions, the last one in November 2011, when they came close to a contract. The latter fell through over the transfer amount deemed too low at the time.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
shame - i was hoping liverpool might get him for a cheeky 6 million
terrible fit in man utd's style of play with their fast attacking down the flanks - he's more a second striker playmaker in the middle.
might do a good job at liverpool though as with our slow passing approach it needs a bit of a spark of creativity to unlock a defence that's had time to align.