Bulgarian President Dreams Up Sofia Tech Park with US Investment
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has invited leading US IT companies to invest for building a technology park near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
Plevneliev is currently on an extended visit to the USA, set to feature not only a meeting with US counterpart Barack Obama and a participation in the NATO summit in Chicago, but also meetings with US businesses to lure investments to Bulgaria.
The Bulgarian President has already met in Seattle Microsoft founder Bill Gates, as well as representatives of Google and Cisco Systems.
"A total of BGN 300 M from EU's Competitiveness Operational Programme will be invested in the construction of Sofia Tech Park," said Plevneliev as quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
He added that he has already invited Microsoft and Google to participate and the two companies are now reviewing the project.
At the business breakfast with company representatives, the Bulgarian President reiterated his country's strong commitment to foreign investments, especially in the fields of innovation and high tech.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector