Bulgarian President Dreams Up Sofia Tech Park with US Investment
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has invited leading US IT companies to invest for building a technology park near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
Plevneliev is currently on an extended visit to the USA, set to feature not only a meeting with US counterpart Barack Obama and a participation in the NATO summit in Chicago, but also meetings with US businesses to lure investments to Bulgaria.
The Bulgarian President has already met in Seattle Microsoft founder Bill Gates, as well as representatives of Google and Cisco Systems.
"A total of BGN 300 M from EU's Competitiveness Operational Programme will be invested in the construction of Sofia Tech Park," said Plevneliev as quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
He added that he has already invited Microsoft and Google to participate and the two companies are now reviewing the project.
At the business breakfast with company representatives, the Bulgarian President reiterated his country's strong commitment to foreign investments, especially in the fields of innovation and high tech.
- » The Construction of the "Turkish Stream" Terminal Started
- » China Ordered 184 Airbus Planes
- » Bulgaria Traditionally Exports Between 7 and 8 Thousand Tons of Honey Per Year
- » Business Owners Unhappy about Rising Industrial Electricity Prices
- » More Than Half of New Norway Car Sales Now Electric or Hybrid
- » Over 3 Million Electric Cars on the Roads Worldwide