Serbian FM Condemns Macedonia Killings as Dangerous for Region
The killing of 5 men in neighboring Macedonia are part of a "dangerous trend," said Serbian Minister of Foreign Affairs Vuk Jeremic Saturday.
During a visit to Cacak, Jeremic denounced the murders, saying such actions could endanger the stability for the region of the Balkans, reports Tanjug.
Late Thursday the bodies of four youth and one man, all of ethic Slavic origin, were found in the vicinity of Macedonian capital Skopje.
The murders sparked fears that a simmering conflict between Slavic and Albanian Macedonians could re-ignite.
"Such incidents just cannot be allowed, especially if they are ethnically motivated," stated Serbian Foreign Affairs Minister Jeremic.
"One such incident in the Balkans could very easily catch flame and grow into something much more serious," added he.
Jeremic however stressed that the murders are strictly speaking an internal issue for Macedonia.
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour