Bulgaria to Officially Launch First Food Bank Next Week
Two non profits, six companies related to the food industry and one IT company will present next week Bulgaria's first food bank, which they established with the goal to fight hunger and unnecessary food waste.
Founders, which provided monetary and material donations for the start up, include the Bulgarian Association of Meat Processors, Bella Bulgaria, Bio Bulgaria, Kraft Foods Bulgaria, Neterra, Piccadilly, Road Runner, Tandem-V, FORA – Community Development Foundation.
Their representatives will present it on April 10 at the European Union information center office in Sofia.
"Bulgarian Food Bank" has set itself the goal to quickly develop capacity and infrastructure so that donated food can start reaching out to greater numbers of people in the country.
It is established to develop and serve as the connecting point between healthy food throughout the food industry and the social sector serving people who have no access to adequate nourishment.
"Bulgarian Food Bank" has been established as a result of the work of the Bulgarian Foodbanking Planning Forum, an informal platform for consultation and planning with more than 40 governmental, business and civil organizations participating.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name