Mount Etna Erupts, Spews Column of Ash
Italy's Mount Etna manifested a new spate of activity, spewing a column of black smoke and ash 6-7 km up into the sky.
This is the fourth activity phase for Etna since the start of the year. The volcano was active via its new south-east crater.
At present the aiport in nearby Italian city of Catania is operative, but if needed flights will be cancelled, reports ANSA.
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet