Mount Etna Erupts, Spews Column of Ash
Italy's Mount Etna manifested a new spate of activity, spewing a column of black smoke and ash 6-7 km up into the sky.
This is the fourth activity phase for Etna since the start of the year. The volcano was active via its new south-east crater.
At present the aiport in nearby Italian city of Catania is operative, but if needed flights will be cancelled, reports ANSA.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y