Mount Etna Erupts, Spews Column of Ash
Italy's Mount Etna manifested a new spate of activity, spewing a column of black smoke and ash 6-7 km up into the sky.
This is the fourth activity phase for Etna since the start of the year. The volcano was active via its new south-east crater.
At present the aiport in nearby Italian city of Catania is operative, but if needed flights will be cancelled, reports ANSA.
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor
- » China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
- » Russia's Putin 'Threatens to Send Army' to Riga, Warsaw, Bucharest