Mount Etna Erupts, Spews Column of Ash
Italy's Mount Etna manifested a new spate of activity, spewing a column of black smoke and ash 6-7 km up into the sky.
This is the fourth activity phase for Etna since the start of the year. The volcano was active via its new south-east crater.
At present the aiport in nearby Italian city of Catania is operative, but if needed flights will be cancelled, reports ANSA.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam