Mount Etna Erupts, Spews Column of Ash
Italy's Mount Etna manifested a new spate of activity, spewing a column of black smoke and ash 6-7 km up into the sky.
This is the fourth activity phase for Etna since the start of the year. The volcano was active via its new south-east crater.
At present the aiport in nearby Italian city of Catania is operative, but if needed flights will be cancelled, reports ANSA.
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia
- » Leaders of EU, Turkey to Hold Summit on Migration Crisis
- » Clash Between Macedonian Police, Migrants Leaves Scores Injured at Border with Greece
- » Russian President Signs Decree Introducing Sanctions Against Turkey
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece