Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Captured Turkey Prosecutor Dies of His Wounds after End of Hostage Drama
- » Turkey Bans Media Coverage of Prosecutor Hostage Crisis
- » Tsipras Hopes for ‘True Reset’ of Greece’s Ties with Russia
- » Turkish Prosecutor Taken Hostage at Courthouse
- » Turkey Hit by Massive Blackout
- » EU Adds New Chapters to Montenegro Accession Talks