Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Romania Finalizes Draft of Judiciary Overhaul Criticized by EU
- » Recep Erdogan: 'All Countries Located Close to Turkey are Part of Its Interests'
- » May Might Leave Next Stage of Brexit Bill Until Next Month
- » The European Commission Has Prepared a Series of New Measures Against Terrorism
- » Australia Risks Humanitarian Crisis Over Asylum
- » Russian, Israeli Leaders Discuss Iran Nuclear Program, Syria, Iraq