Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Turkey MPs Clear Last Article of Constitutional Changes
- » At Least 37 Dead as Turkish Plane Crashes on Homes in Kyrgyzstan
- » Serbia's ex-FM Running for President
- » Turkish MPs Adopt Three More Articles of Constitutional Reform
- » Greek Farmers Brace for New Border Blockades
- » Serbia, Kosovo in Row over 'Plans to Attack Train'