Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Armed Men Reportedly Take Hostages in Northern French Town
- » One Russian Marine Killed During Search for Pilots of Downed Su-24 in Syria
- » NATO Urges Restraint after Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » Turkey to Take ‘All Kinds of Measures’ to Defend Borders, PM Davutoglu Says
- » Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
- » Sergei Lavrov Cancels Turkey Visit after Downing of Russian Warplane