Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Rising Tension Between US, North Korea over Controversial Movie, Cyber Attack
- » Tunisians Elect Their First Post-Arab Spring President
- » Klaus Iohannis: Romania Should Stun World with Transformation
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan