Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Gazprom Targets 5% Rise in Gas Exports to Europe in 2015
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zoran Zaev to Visit Bulgaria Friday - SDSM
- » Venezuela Says Agrees with Russia on USD 14 B Investment in Oil/Gas Sector
- » FIFA President Blatter Shows No Intention to Resign as Pressure Builds Up
- » UK Set on Quitting EU if Reforms Are Not Effective
- » Serbian, Albanian PMs Agree to Disagree on Kosovo, Seek Closer Cooperation