Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Lavrov, Kerry Discuss Minsk Ceasefire, Nemtsov’s Murder
- » Los Angeles Police Shot Homeless Man
- » Iraq Launches Offensive Against IS to Recapture Tikrit
- » Estonia’s Ruling Reform Party Wins General Elections
- » Estonia Votes in General Election Overshadowed by Fears over Russia
- » Tens of Thousands March in Moscow to Honour Murdered Boris Nemtsov