Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government