Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad
- » Russia Will Look for New Markets, Says PM Medvedev
- » US 'Shows Evidence' of Russian Soldiers in Eastern Ukraine
- » US Vice President Biden to Meet Ukraine's Yatsenyuk, Turchynov
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 108