Gruesome Train Crash Kills 15 in Poland
15 people have perished a heavy train crash in southern Poland, believed to be the worst train crash in the country for the last 2 decades.
Another 54 persons have been injured and hospitalized; 40 of them are in a grave condition.
The accident happened late Saturday night in the region of the town of Szczekociny in Silesia.
The Warsaw-Krakow train, composed of 4 cars, and the Przemysl-Warsaw train, composed of 6 collided when turning out racing against each other on one track.
The two trains, servicing major Polish cities, had a total of 350 passengers travelling in them.
- » Iraq Starts Airstrikes on IS with Help from New Intelligence Data Centre
- » Moldova Joins EU’s CESEC Gas Connectivity Initiative
- » Two Mines Fall on Site of Russian Embassy Compound in Damascus, No One Injured
- » MH17 Hit by Russian-Made Buk Missile - Dutch Report
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions