Google Street View Prepares to Enter Bulgaria
Google has started collecting images ahead of launching the Google Street View service in the country, it has been announced.
Pictures will be taken from the streets of Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse and 66 other cities, towns and resorts over the following moths, dnevnik.bg has informed. Google will dim the license plate numbers and people's faces that get in the images.
Google Street View is a technology featured in Google Maps and Google Earth that provides panoramic views from various positions along many streets in the world.
It was launched on May 25, 2007, originally only in several cities in the United States, and has since gradually expanded to include more cities and rural areas worldwide.
A schedule for the vehicles that will take pictures in Bulgaria can be found on google.bg/streetview.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 16.8 % Y/Y in May
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister Expects 10 % Increase in Tourist Numbers This Summer
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast