Bulgaria Says 'ACTA La Vista Baby!'
Thousands of people gathered in downtown Sofia Saturday to protest the controversial international Anti-counterfeiting Trade Agreement, ACTA.
Anywhere between 4000 and 8000 Bulgarians marched in the Bulgarian capital, led by a black sign reading: "АСТА LA VISTA, BABY!"
Most of the demonstrators are young people wearing the mask of Guy Fawkes, symbol of the global protest against ACTA. They are jumping and holding numerous signs such as "I Am Not a Terrorist!", "No to ACTA!", "Stop ACTA or We will!", "Sign ACTA – Lose the Elections!", "Basta to ACTA!" and others.
People are also shouting slogans for internet freedom.
The entire route of the march – from the National Palace of Culture through downtown Sofia to the square in front of the Parliament had been guarded by heavy police presence.
The Bulgarian Facebook "No to ACTA" group now has nearly 25 000 members and growing.
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Southern Bulgarian Hisarya Municipality
- » Mountain Climber Falls to Death in Bulgaria's Vratsata Gorge
- » Passenger Train Hits Car in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind Issued in 4 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 106 Years of Independence
- » Greek Ferry with Bulgarians On Board Sinks near Corfu