Plevneliev Sworn In as President of Bulgaria
Rosen Plevneliev from the ruling center-right party GERB got sworn in as the President of the Republic of Bulgaria at 10.05 Eastern European Time on Thursday, January 19, 2011.
Plevneliev took his oath of office, and then kissed the cross in the hand of the head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Maxim.
After that he signed his oath; his Vice President, Margarita Popova followed suit with her oath of office.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad