Plevneliev Sworn In as President of Bulgaria
Rosen Plevneliev from the ruling center-right party GERB got sworn in as the President of the Republic of Bulgaria at 10.05 Eastern European Time on Thursday, January 19, 2011.
Plevneliev took his oath of office, and then kissed the cross in the hand of the head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Maxim.
After that he signed his oath; his Vice President, Margarita Popova followed suit with her oath of office.
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup
- » Bulgaria, US to Boost Exchange of Data on Terrorism, Financial Crime