Heavy Snow Closes Macedonia-Bulgaria Border for Trucks
Traffic of cargo tracks is banned Saturday through the Bulgarian-Macedonian cross border point "Deve Bair," the press center of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry informs.
The Macedonian border and Customs authorities at Gyueshevo have notified their Bulgarian counterparts that they are stopping the processing of cargo trucks coming to Macedonia from Bulgaria and of those leaving Macedonia.
The reason for the move is heavy snowfall on Macedonian territory, with snow not yet been removed from the roads.
The Regional Police Directorate in the western city of Kuystendil have undertaken measures for early warning of drivers.
Bulgarian traffic police is stopping trucks going in the direction of the Macedonian border several kilometers before it to prevent a jam at the cross point. Traffic will be detoured to the Zlatarevo cross border point.
About 10 trucks have been stopped already on Kyustendil's beltway.
- » Bulgarian Gas Reserves in Chiren Depot to 'Enough for 45 Days'
- » Bulgaria's New Debtors – Young Adults With No Stable Income
- » Bulgarian Banks Increase Their Profit In 2013
- » Qatar Interested in Tourism, Real Estate Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Third Countries Trade Tumbles in Jan 2014
- » Ancient Roman Fortress Restored in Bulgaria's Montana