Bulgarian Patriarch Maxim to Hold Christmas Eve Mass
The Christmas Eve festive lithurgy of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church Saturday will be presided by the country's 97-year-old Patriarch Maxim.
The service will start at 18.00 EET at the St. Alexander Nevski cathedral in downtown Sofia. As usual, it will be covered by the Bulgarian National TV and the Bulgarian National Radio.
His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph, the diocesan prelate of the Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese of the USA, Canada, and Australia, will participate in the mass.
Christmas Eve marks one of the brightest of the Christian holidays for Bulgarians. It is a day devoted to home, hearth and family, including remembrance of the deceased of the family.
On Sunday, the head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will serve the traditional Christmas Day service, once again at the St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral in Sofia.
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv