Chlorine Leak Reported in Bulgaria's Yambol
The Firefighter and Protection of Population Services in Bulgaria's southern city of Yambol were notified early Wednesday morning about a chlorine leak from an industrial facility.
The business of the company in question is processing of liquid chlorine. It is located three kilometers from downtown Yambol, in the city's industrial zone.
The call was placed by workers from the factory next door. It was received at 3:30 am.
Civil Defense in Yambol say the area is sealed, even though the level of harmful substances in the air is not high or above the norm.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels