Chlorine Leak Reported in Bulgaria's Yambol
The Firefighter and Protection of Population Services in Bulgaria's southern city of Yambol were notified early Wednesday morning about a chlorine leak from an industrial facility.
The business of the company in question is processing of liquid chlorine. It is located three kilometers from downtown Yambol, in the city's industrial zone.
The call was placed by workers from the factory next door. It was received at 3:30 am.
Civil Defense in Yambol say the area is sealed, even though the level of harmful substances in the air is not high or above the norm.
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of 10 African Grey Parrots