Chlorine Leak Reported in Bulgaria's Yambol
The Firefighter and Protection of Population Services in Bulgaria's southern city of Yambol were notified early Wednesday morning about a chlorine leak from an industrial facility.
The business of the company in question is processing of liquid chlorine. It is located three kilometers from downtown Yambol, in the city's industrial zone.
The call was placed by workers from the factory next door. It was received at 3:30 am.
Civil Defense in Yambol say the area is sealed, even though the level of harmful substances in the air is not high or above the norm.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday