Stunt Performer Dies during Filming of 'The Expendables 2' in Bulgaria
A foreigner who performed stunts during the filming of the sequel to hit Hollywood action "The Expendables" has died on set in Bulgaria.
Two other stunt performers have been injured in a incident at a water reservoir at the town of Elin Pelin, outside of the Bulgarian capital Sofia, that took place Thursday night, the bTV channel reported Friday morning.
The incident occurred while filming a stunt with a fake bomb explosion in a rubber boat in the water reservoir.
bTV said the incident with the stunt performers has been confirmed by the authorities, with unofficial reports saying the movie for which the stunts were performed is "The Expendables 2"
"The Expendables 2", which is been shot at the NU Boyana Studios in Sofia, has brought an array of Hollywood action movie legends to Bulgaria such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Silvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Jason Statham.
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38
- » Earthquake of 6.2 Magnitude Shakes Central Italy, at least Five Dead
- » Forest Fires near Bulgaria's Harmanli Now Under Control