Spurs Said to Eye Bulgaria's International Goalie
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in snapping up 23-year-old Bulgarian international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov.
The Bulgarian is said to have caught the eye of manager Harry Redknapp with his impressive displays for Dutch side FC Twente in the Champions League last season, according to The Daily Mail. Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has made it clear he wants to leave Tottenham and the club are now looking for a replacement.
Mihaylov joined Liverpool from Bulgaria's Levfski Sofia in 2007 but was immediately loaned out to Twente. Recently, rumors emerged that the likes of Milan and Barcelona are chasing the young prospect.
Nikolay Mihaylov is the son of Borislav Mihaylov, a legendary Bulgarian goalkeeper, the player with the most international appearances for Bulgaria and member of UEFA's executive committee. Nikolay's grandfather, Bisser Mihaylov, also used to be the country's international goalkeeper.
Nikolay Mihaylov himself declared several months ago he was willing to return to Liverpool and fight for a first-team spot there.
- » It is Official Cristiano Ronaldo is Staying at Bernabeu
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League