Spurs Said to Eye Bulgaria's International Goalie
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in snapping up 23-year-old Bulgarian international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov.
The Bulgarian is said to have caught the eye of manager Harry Redknapp with his impressive displays for Dutch side FC Twente in the Champions League last season, according to The Daily Mail. Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has made it clear he wants to leave Tottenham and the club are now looking for a replacement.
Mihaylov joined Liverpool from Bulgaria's Levfski Sofia in 2007 but was immediately loaned out to Twente. Recently, rumors emerged that the likes of Milan and Barcelona are chasing the young prospect.
Nikolay Mihaylov is the son of Borislav Mihaylov, a legendary Bulgarian goalkeeper, the player with the most international appearances for Bulgaria and member of UEFA's executive committee. Nikolay's grandfather, Bisser Mihaylov, also used to be the country's international goalkeeper.
Nikolay Mihaylov himself declared several months ago he was willing to return to Liverpool and fight for a first-team spot there.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats David Goffin, Reaches US Open 4th Round
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed