Spurs Said to Eye Bulgaria's International Goalie
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in snapping up 23-year-old Bulgarian international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov.
The Bulgarian is said to have caught the eye of manager Harry Redknapp with his impressive displays for Dutch side FC Twente in the Champions League last season, according to The Daily Mail. Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has made it clear he wants to leave Tottenham and the club are now looking for a replacement.
Mihaylov joined Liverpool from Bulgaria's Levfski Sofia in 2007 but was immediately loaned out to Twente. Recently, rumors emerged that the likes of Milan and Barcelona are chasing the young prospect.
Nikolay Mihaylov is the son of Borislav Mihaylov, a legendary Bulgarian goalkeeper, the player with the most international appearances for Bulgaria and member of UEFA's executive committee. Nikolay's grandfather, Bisser Mihaylov, also used to be the country's international goalkeeper.
Nikolay Mihaylov himself declared several months ago he was willing to return to Liverpool and fight for a first-team spot there.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris