Leading Bulgarian News Agency BGNES Celebrates 10th Birthday
One of the major Bulgarian news agencies, private-owned BGNES, celebrates its 10th birthday on Friday, October 7, 2011.
For its 10 years of existence so far, BGNES has published about 1 million news articles, over 2.4 million photos, and 30 000 videos. On its 10th birthday, BGNES announced it is launching photos in 3-D format, which is a novelty on the media market in Bulgaria.
In 2002, BGNES started supplying news by SMS to the subscribers of Bulgarian mobile operator M-Tel. It started a photo agency of its in 2004, and a sports news agency in 2005. At the end of 2006, BGNES added to its portfolio video news coverage.
BGNES's content is paid but it also features a news site with free content. Its subscribers are all major Bulgarian media outlets as well as a number of Bulgarian and foreign diplomatic and government institutions. BGNES is a co-founder of the International Association of Private News Agencies.
Bulgaria's largest English-language media, Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency), has enjoyed fruitful cooperation with BGNES for the past 3 years.
The Team of Novinite.com (Sofia News Agenc) would like to congratulate our colleagues from BGNES for their 10th birthday, and to wish them the best of luck in their future work!
- » Macedonia Crisis Linked to Fate of Turkish Stream, Russia’s EU Envoy Says
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Warns of Fake BGN 2 Notes
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Reports Surplus of BGN 1 066.6 M by end-April 2015
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Over 10 000 Jobs Were Created in Plants Opened in Past Few Days
- » DSK Bank, CIBANK to Provide Revolving Loan of BGN 80 M to Bulgaria’s FLAG Fund
- » Bulgaria’s Fuel Production, Imports Increase Substantially in March