'Bulgaria On Air' TV & Radio Officially Launched
"Bulgaria On Air", a new TV and radio station with a business focus, started broadcasting for the first time Friday morning.
Bulgaria On Air TV is replacing MSAT, a long-standing cable TV formerly based in Varna whose headquarters was transferred to Sofia 6 years ago.
The new TV channel will feature regular half-hour news blocks as well as talk shows focusing on business and politics, while the radio will broadcast part of the television's program and will focus on rock music.
The new media has attracted a number of well-known journalists with a long experience at the state-owned Bulgarian National Television, and legendary Bulgarian rock musician Kiril Marichkov, the most famous member of the Shturtsite ("Crickets") band, will be the program director of the Bulgaria On Air radio.
Bulgaria On Air Media Group is owned by the owners of MSAT TV and the Bulgaria Air airway company - the Varna-based TIM Group's holding "Chimimport".
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes
- » Intl Consortium Proposes to Inject BGN 2.3B in Bulgaria's KTB - FinMin
- » Austria's Verbund to Sell Its Wind Farm in Bulgaria
- » Russia Ties Renewal of Supplies to Ukraine's First Chunk of Debt
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine