3rd Dead Dolphin Washed Ashore on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
Another dead dolphin has been washed ashore on the beach near the salt-mines in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The tip-off was given at 9 a.m on Tuesday on the 112 emergency phone line and a response team was immediately dispatched to the site.
According to preliminary reports, the dolphin has not been shot.
On September 02, a dead dolphin in an advanced stage of decomposition was discovered near the southern Bulgarian resort town of Sozopol. The cause of the death was not disclosed.
The discovery took place just a day after police officers arrived in the Coral vacation villages, also located on Bulgaria's southern Black Sea coast, to investigate the case another dead dolphin, allegedly with multiple shot wounds.
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Bulgaria's Govt Reverses Controversial National Park Plans
- » Environmenalists to Protest against Bulgaria's Interim Govt
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap