Libyan Opposition: Gaddafi Will Be Arrested within Hours
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi will be arrested within hours, according to an announcement made by the Libyan opposition TV.
The rebel TV engaged in a counter-statement to earlier sayings on the part of eldest Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam that the attack on Tripoli has been pushed back.
According to the BBC, one of the presenters on the Doha-based rebel TV station said: "The important thing is that Tripoli's youths freed the capital in less than 48 hours. It is just a matter of hours until youths arrest the whole ruling family."
Earlier opposition National Transitional Council had announced Saif al-Islam had been arrested, only for him to appear hours later in good health and spirits, saying he will lead the government forces to victory.
According to Gaddafi's eldest son's information, rebels control just 20% of the Libyan capital, and have not almost completely overrun it, as other sources state.
At this point it remains highly unclear just how much of Tripoli is under rebel control after the unprecedented attack that started Sunday.
The BBC correspondent in Az Zawiya, 40 km west of Tripoli, writes that the city has been atomized into neighborhoods, each of them either anti- or pro-Gaddafi.
- » New Public Sector Strike in Greece Calls for End to Austerity
- » Last Communication of Disappeared Malayisian Plane Revealed
- » G7 Warns Russia Over Efforts to Annex Crimea
- » Bulgarian Nationalists to Be Among Observers of Crimea Referendum
- » EC Adopts Framework Safeguarding Rule of Law
- » Poland Moves to Make Shale Gas Extraction Tax-Free by 2020