Romanian Police Impostor Smuggles Perfumes on Bulgarian Border
A Romanian citizen attempted Saturday to smuggle fake perfumes through Bulgaria's Capitan Andreevo cross border point with Turkey.
The 24-year-old woman arrived from Turkey in car marked on its window shield as a police vehicle driven by a Turkish citizen. She declared 400 bottles of perfume before border Customs agents, showing them a Romanian police badge and identification. The woman insisted on crossing the border without a customs check and any excise duty documents.
The Customs agents established all perfumes were fake and told her they will seize them according to the Brand Names and Geographical Origin Act. At this point the woman became enraged and began insulting the agents and threatening them with being fired to the extend the border police had to interfere to tame her.
The initial probe revealed she is a press attach? of a Romanian police NGO while the badge belonged to her father, who is a retired policeman.
The check of the car yielded another 380 perfume bottles and 58 cigarette boxes.
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 39 Irregular Migrants near Burgas
- » Bulgarian Man Detained over Arms Trafficking in Hungary
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Military Medical Academy Indicted
- » Sofia Court Upholds 10-Year Sentence of Ex Spy Chief
- » German Police Arrest Three Bulgarians over Bank Card Skimming