Bulgaria's Balchik Palace Turns into Attractive Wedding Spot
The Balchik palace complex in the northern Black Sea coast of Bulgaria is marking during summer 2011 a peak of weddings of couples from all over the world.
Over 30 couples from Bulgaria, the US, Switzerland, Australia, Romania and Slovakia have chosen the beautiful backdrop of the sea and the castle to tie the knot, the Culture Activities Department at the complex reports.
The most exotic wedding had been the one of a couple from Iran, who had chosen the Bulgarian site after visiting it during a business trip. They married strictly according to ancient Persian traditions and rituals.
The brides have shown a variety of gown color choices beyond the traditional white while a young woman from the US had wed in a lace gown from the wardrobe of her grand-mother. The decoration has been most often chosen to match the scenery and had included sea creatures and blue accents.
The couples are said to favor the Nympheum where Romanian Quinn Maria used to celebrate her birthdays. The price for a wedding is BGN 200 as listed by the Balchik Town Hall.
Balchik's Palace – or "Dvoretsa" (also "Dvoreca") in Bulgarian – is a complex built in 1924 by Queen Maria of Romania at a time when the region of Southern Dobrudzha was part of Romania (1918-1940).
The Balchik Botanical Garden was established in 1940. It has an area of 65,000 m? and accommodates 2000 plant species belonging to 85 families and 200 genera. In May 2010, a government decision was made to transfer the Garden's management to the Culture Ministry, which caused a fierce inter-institutional battle.
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May
- » Decrease in Russian, Ukrainian Tourist Numbers at 10-20% - Bulgarian Minister
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Keep Visa Regime for Russian Nationals
- » Mass Inspections Launched Across Bulgarian Seaside Resort Venues
- » Outlook on Bulgaria's Tourism Season Good Despite EU-Russia Crisis
- » Bollywood Star to Participate in Video Advertising Bulgaria as Tourist Destination