LOCAL TOBACCO GROWERS PROTEST AGAINST NEW QUALITY STANDARDS
Business | August 22, 2002, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The enforcement of the new guidelines for the quality classification of the 2002 tobacco crop could result in numerous bankruptcies among domestic producers, the national union of tobacco growers warned. The producers advised that introduction of the EU standards is phased in to coincide with Bulgaria's EU accession. Thirty percent of this year's tobacco will be classified as junk under the new standards and the producers will not be paid anything. The same amounts would have been qualified as sellable under the old standards.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Free of Charge Ice Rink in Varna until mid January
- » Three Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Japan Intend to Start Production in Bulgaria
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin
- » Chinese Companies Plan to Open Offices in Bourgas
- » Keys To Building A Successful Business
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)