LOCAL TOBACCO GROWERS PROTEST AGAINST NEW QUALITY STANDARDS
Business | August 22, 2002, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The enforcement of the new guidelines for the quality classification of the 2002 tobacco crop could result in numerous bankruptcies among domestic producers, the national union of tobacco growers warned. The producers advised that introduction of the EU standards is phased in to coincide with Bulgaria's EU accession. Thirty percent of this year's tobacco will be classified as junk under the new standards and the producers will not be paid anything. The same amounts would have been qualified as sellable under the old standards.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia
- » Environmental Pollution Kills Millions Around the world
- » A Warehouse Hub for Indian and Chinese Goods will be Built near Sandanski
- » Varna will Held International Technology Conference Innowave Business and Startup
- » ECB Chief Mario Draghi says Bitcoin Not Mature Enough for Consideration
- » ‘New frontier’ Bulgaria Attracts Real Estate Investors
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)