LOCAL TOBACCO GROWERS PROTEST AGAINST NEW QUALITY STANDARDS
Business | August 22, 2002, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The enforcement of the new guidelines for the quality classification of the 2002 tobacco crop could result in numerous bankruptcies among domestic producers, the national union of tobacco growers warned. The producers advised that introduction of the EU standards is phased in to coincide with Bulgaria's EU accession. Thirty percent of this year's tobacco will be classified as junk under the new standards and the producers will not be paid anything. The same amounts would have been qualified as sellable under the old standards.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Czech Billionaire Kellner Acquired Nova TV
- » Four Countries Prepare an Alternative to the Chinese "One Belt One Road" Initiative
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Bulgaria’s Q4 Household Spending Rises 13%
- » Environment Minister Signs Contracts for Construction of Waste Handling Plants
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)